Since many of our events have been cancelled due to our current social distancing orders, the DMS has created a novel way to replace the much-needed income that has been lost.
Broadcast via our Youtube Channel only: http://dunedinmusicsociety.org/live
Past performances, teasers, interviews, a review of the DMS so far and yet to come, free gifts, and general all-round a jolly good time! Hope you can join us.
More details below...
In all transparency, in order to survive through the Summer and beyond, the DMS needs to replace the income that would have been earned through events presented by the Pinellas Festival of Community Bands, the Dunedin Concert Band, the Rhythm Kings Jazz Orchestra, our Founder's Day celebration, and the Pinellas Community Players.
But this could also be an opportunity to step things up at the DMS and take us to the next level of impact in your community.
While we are very closely aware that many DMS members and supporters have lost their jobs and income, we also appreciate the continued support of those on fixed incomes, who are still employed, and the businesses still providing their services and products.
1. Spread the word! Encourage as many folk as possible to join in this event - it's going to be something you've never seen the DMS do before!
And then, if you can:
2. Attend, enjoy, and be prepared to call in the biggest donation you've ever made to the DMS so far!
Just imagine the impact you could help make happen:
- Continued live music in our community for year-round residents and visitors,
- More opportunities for amateur and professional musicians to share their gifts and talents with you and your neighbors,
- More efficiency and better communication through the official appointment of an administrative leader,
- A much bigger presence in our community, attracting even more culturally-aware businesses and investment into our region,
- Additional workshops, master classes, and live, in-person concerts at a variety of venues.
For this telethon we have set a target - a big target. Bigger than any event or campaign we have implemented so far! Will you help us hit it?
There'll be gifts and sponsorships, too, for everyone donating $10 to $10,000+!
Ways we want to say thank you.
And the more you give, the bigger the gift!
(Don't worry - it won't be a cruise, this time)
Go on, put this event in your calendar, and together with your distant friends and family, let's make sure the DMS strides forward into our new future once this is all over.
Stay safe, stay in touch, and let's do this!